Where People Come to Collaborate
uCity Square exists at the intersection of world-class universities, research institutions, academic medical centers, and dynamic neighborhoods. Our mission is to facilitate collaboration that stimulates breakthroughs, drives inclusive economic growth, and expands our diverse and vibrant community.
uCity Square at a Glance
Located at the Center of Innovation in Philadelphia
uCity Square is a vibrant community where a diverse talent pool, trailblazing companies, and top-tier research institutions collide, connect, and thrive as they advance solutions that address society’s most pressing challenges.
Philadelphia has built a reputation on breakthroughs in science, education, technology, healthcare, arts, and culture. Today, the city has become one of the most popular, affordable, and accessible destinations to live, work, play, and learn.
- A top-5 life science market in the U.S.
- Hub of medical and life science innovations, particularly in immunotherapies, including cell, gene, and mRNA therapies
- Surrounded by top top-tier colleges and universities, independent research institutions, and world-renowned hospitals
- Home to leading biopharmaceutical companies including Lilly and Roche
- Companies at uCity Square gain unparalleled access to an industry-leading pool of life science entrepreneurs and new generations of top research talent every year.
- Philadelphia ranked 8th in U.S. life sciences employment
- Four blocks from 30th Street Amtrak Station
- Less than 15 min. to Philadelphia International Airport
- The 18th most walkable neighborhood
- Located on SEPTA bus and subway routes and proximity to 30th Street Station
- Active bike lanes and storage for commuters
Trusted, Committed, and Experienced Long-term Partners
Wexford Science + Technology, the University City Science Center, and Ventas have partnered to build uCity Square into the region’s premier innovation address, consisting of laboratory, clinical, office, retail, residential, community and green spaces over the last two decades. And we have no plans on changing course! We are committed to developing a Knowledge Community built on a foundation of research, discovery, entrepreneurial activity, corporate engagement, and community inclusion.