Transforming Urban Spaces Into Gathering Places
Across the country, cities are reinventing their vacant and neglected spaces in intriguing ways. Offering city dwellers and visitors a range of temporary to semi-permanent options, Philadelphia has become a leading city transforming underutilized spaces into gathering places. Join WHYY and the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) for a happy hour panel on creative approaches to public spaces and the partnerships fueling this trend. PlanPhilly’s community engagement editor Diana Lu will moderate this discussion among local stakeholders executing successful techniques of design and engagement across the city.
- Alan Greenberger, Former Philadelphia Deputy Mayor
- Matt Rader, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- Joseph Reagan, Wexford Science & Technology
- Prema Gupta, Navy Yard Planning & Real Estate Development
- Angel Rodriguez,Asociación de Puertorriqueños en Marcha
Our partner for this project is the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society. Register here!